Missouri sixth-grader suspended after he was attacked by classmates on school bus for wearing a 'Make America Great Again' hat

• Gavin, of St. Louis, Missouri, was attacked by peers for his political beliefs
  • A video captures the 12-year-old being bullied on a school bus on Wednesday
  • He was ganged up on and a student yelled 'you want to build a f****** wall?' before punches were thrown
  • Gavin was suspended from his middle school at Parkway School District

A sixth-grade student in Missouri was suspended after he was attacked by classmates on a school bus because he was wearing Trump's 'Make America Great Again' hat.

Gavin, 12, was filmed being verbally and physically bullied by his Parkway School District peers because of his political beliefs on Wednesday, in St. Louis, Missouri.

The middle school student was ganged up on by multiple students as one yells 'you want to build a wall? You want to build a f****** wall?' before the situation became physical.

Scroll down for video 

Gavin, a sixth-grade student, was suspended after he was filmed being attacked by classmates on a school bus because he was wearing  a 'Make America Great Again' hat in St. Louis, Missouri on Wednesday

Gavin was ultimately suspended from his middle school in the Parkway School District over the incident 

In the clip, Gavin is seen wearing the red campaign hat and standing up in front of his seat as he is arguing with another student.

A classmate questions the sixth grader about Trump's plan to build a border wall and punches seem to be thrown in Gavin's direction. 

Gavin said to News 4: 'At one point, he just got so frustrated he pushed me.

'And then he kept hitting me and backing me up by the window of the bus, and so I just had to push him out.' 

In the clip, Gavin is seen wearing the red campaign hat and arguing with another peer. One student yells 'you want to build a wall? You want to build a f****** wall?' before the situation becomes physical and punches are thrown (right)

His mother, Christina Cortina, said: 'I feel like my son was made an example of, it was a tricky situation, it was politically charged' 

Gavin was suspended after the incident. 

A spokesperson for the Parkway School District in Missouri said the fight was investigated and that all students involved have faced 'consequences.' 

The child's parent, Christina Cortina, said to the news outlet: 'As a parent it's so upsetting. I feel like my son was made an example of, it was a tricky situation, it was politically charged.'

No comments have so far been submitted. Why not be the first to send us your thoughts, or debate this issue live on our message boards.

By posting your comment you agree to our house rules.

Who is this week's top commenter? Find out now