US Movies GS

Hi Yahoo Movies Lover,

If you are currently have trouble finding local movies showtime, please kindly go to the Showtime section in left rail, and find the pin icon (right next to “Showtime Near…”). Click on the icon, and you will see the textfield for searching local showtime just like we had before.

Thanks for your suggestion and supporting to Yahoo Movies.

Best Regards,
Yahoo Product Support

Hi, please let us know how we can improve Movies further.

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can vote and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can vote on it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  1. It's hard to tell what movies are coming out because it's been blindsided by all the color changes.

Or at lest tune it down some. It's hard to tell what movies are coming out because it's been blindsided by all the color changes. It may be targeted for a younger group, but they are not the only ones looking at the site.
    This is my opinion and I understand your rights to do make changes when you want to up-grade; nevertheless some of your changes have made me very upset with Yahoo!

573 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      Gathering feedback  ·  40 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • It lacks the 'My Favorite Theaters'

Your new version sticks me in Charleston SC while I live some 100 miles West of there. It lacks the 'My Favorite Theaters' which I loved as I could ignore some of the crappier 'local' ones and put in the ones I actually liked going to.
      The new 'see your area' program Can't find me even when I clicked on the link in its window - (it listed NO theaters in my area - while the Old version listed 3).

394 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        26 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Movies Lovers,

Thank you very much for helping us improving our product thru your valuable suggestion.

About the Favorite Theater feature, I have passed the comments to our product design team, and the internal discussion is started.

Thank you for all your patience while we are collecting details for the issue you pointed. Hope I can bring you more good news soon.

Sincerely,
        Yahoo Product Support

• 10 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • I want shown theaters under my favorites

With old movie format, I could select the exact theaters I want shown under my favorites, not just an area. Yahoo, stop "fixing" things that aren't broken!

179 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Movies Lovers,

Thank you very much for helping us improving our product thru your valuable suggestion.

About the Favorite Theater feature, I have passed the comments to our product design team, and the internal discussion is started.

Thank you for all your patience while we are collecting details for the issue you pointed. Hope I can bring you more good news soon.

Sincerely,
            Yahoo Product Support

• There is a reason why everything is black text on white, it works.

There is a reason why everything is black text on white, it works. You only use the opposite in dark rooms, like the movies. And now with touch screens, the reflection is even greater. I couldn't read a thing.

160 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
              Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • Where did my favorite theaters go??

The only reason I used Yahoo movies over other sites like Fandango was the Favorite Theater feature. And you took that away. Terrible

131 votes
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
                5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Movies Lovers,

Sincerely,
                Yahoo Product Support

• Please go back to the old format, I can't pull up my favorite theaters I have to look at all these theater locations I would never go to!

Please go back to the old format, I can't pull up my favorite theaters any more I have to look at all these theater locations I would never go to! I don't need all the color either. We just want to see what's playing that's more important and we what to be able to see what's at the shows we frequent. Please GO BACK TO THE OLD FORMAT!! I'm now having to go to Fandango.

51 votes
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                  Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • Want the dvd section.

You are doing all in your power to ruin every thing with your changing all that people like to a complete wast of time and the resulting frustration it causes. no one likes the constant change. want the easy to use old movie search and the dvd section.

107 votes
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                  • "Showtimes" page should default to Favorite theaters

"Showtimes" page should default to Favorite theaters in the order the user specifies. At the bottom of the page should be an option to see more theaters. I don't want to have to scroll through dozens of theaters to find my favorite which is near the bottom of the page because it is not the closest to me. As a corollary, their should be a place for the user to specify favorite theaters in a particular order. And all pages should thereafter default to those theaters with an option to see more theaters.

6 votes
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                    • I cant get all of my favorite theaters & movie listings

I have had yahoo movies and my homepage set to my.yahoo.com for 10+ years and now I cant get all of my favorite theaters & movie listings. No more preview pane when you hover the curser over a movie title. I cant edit my favorite theatres and when I tried removing the module and then reloading it I put in my zip code and got 3 theatres in another state. Why do you have to go messing with a good thing screwing things all up. IF IT AINT BROKE, DONT FIX IT!!!

94 votes
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                        Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                      • 84 votes
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                          Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                        • Bring back theatres by zip code. The site is mostly useless without it.

Bring back theatres by zip code. The site is mostly useless without it.

4 votes
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                            0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Yahoo Movies Lover,

Thanks for our feedback. Please kindly go to the Showtime section in left navigation bar, and find the pin icon in Showtime page(right next to “Showtime Near…”). Click on the icon, and you will see the textfield for searching local showtime just like we had before.

Thanks for your suggestion and supporting to Yahoo Movies.

Best Regards,
                            Yahoo Product Support

• Why can we no longer select our theatre?

Well, again you've screwed up something that wasn't broken. It's obvious from all the comments that we want to be able to select our local theatre. It is possible, but why on earth would you go to such great lengths to hide the most important feature that everyone wants??? Yahoo, now programmed by children.

2 votes
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                            • 4 votes
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)
                              • Please bring back the hover over with quick movie details.

Used to be able to quickly hover for some brief details and then could click for more if needed. That by far was your most convenient feature as I rarely know what's out when I get the urge to go movie watching. If that was removed for accessibility reasons, then placing a short description below each movie listing spot, or making that pop-up clickable with a hidden message to let unsighted users know would be awesome. Just a movie name gives me no clue what something is and I don't want to spend a lot of time clicking names and…

9 votes
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                                • Found show times.

Ok, I found out to view show times, but the new color scheme is really bad. It's very distracting and hurts the eyes. This is one case where a simple white background is good. If something is working well, don't change it, at least not so drastically. This is not an improvement. Again, please put back the old movie page. Thanks.

1 vote
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                                  • 1 vote
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                                      0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Yahoo Movies Lover,

Thanks for your feedback.

If this feedback is about searching showtime by your location, please kindly go to the Showtime section in left rail, and find the pin icon (right next to “Showtime Near…”). Click on the icon, and you will see the textfield for searching local showtime just like we had before.

If you can’t find your local theater with showtime search function, please leave your zip code and most visit theater here:
                                      http://yahoo.uservoice.com/forums/207815-us-movies-gs/suggestions/4824148

We will proceed to investigate accordingly

Thanks again!

Best Regards,
                                      Yahoo Product Support

• Go Back, This is not good! Want DVD launch schedule back

Your new movie section is a huge let down. It ran wonderfully before. I used it to watch all my trailers, new, old, dvd.

No matter what movie I wanted it was easy to find and it was nice to see movies I did not even know of yet. I don't even see a place to tell me about upcoming or new DVD releases.

Nothing wrong with the previous version please go back to it or I will be trying to find a new place to see all my trailers.

63 votes
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                                      • My Favorites again please

Having a "Favorite Theaters" option allows us, the people who use yahoo instead of going to another browser (you know, the people who keep you in business) to have a section where we can choose the theaters that we enjoy going to without having to weed through every theater in our area. It also allows us to add theaters in different zip codes, you see we have this thing called transportation so we are able to visit theaters that we like in other areas ( such as an art theater or an Imax in a different town) without having to…

1 vote
                                        Vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                                        • 1 vote
                                          Vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                                          ← Previous 1 3 4 5 8 9
                                          • Don't see your idea?

US Movies GS

Feedback and Knowledge Base