Crane & Cast dismissals

6 replies [Last post]

Did anyone else hear about this? Shocking even by normal standards!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/west_midlands/4695114.stm

can we do anything about it? Is there ay means of expressing solidarity, has anyone heard of any protests? Does the company have interests else where?

Rob Ray's picture
User is online Online

If they're anything to do with the Crane multinational conglomerate, which is one of the biggest companies in its field in the world, then yes. I used to work at the Ipswich arm, which was also shit (most staff under about 50 years old were temps, laid off or tacken on as and when, hundreds had been laid off without warning not long before I arrived, hundreds more not long after I left)

thats pretty damn bad. We should definitely be getting involved in anything they decide to do. How about a message of solidarity and offer to support them in any action they choose to take?

it would be good to get a notice of solidarity together and offer support, the problem at the moment is how we get in contact with a group of workers who were sacked 4 days ago now and dont seem to have much support from their union T&GW (there was nothing on their website last i saw). They only employed 45 odd workers so knowing someone who knows anyone working there is unlikely.

The contact address of the foundry is here http://www.kellysearch.co.uk/gb-company-80051144.html

User offline. Last seen 14 hours 45 min ago. Offline

Maybe this is the dark side of this year of occupations, firms acting pro-actively to prevent any remedy by the workers. Sh*t that sucks, lovely xmas present come early.

buena_exposiva's picture
User offline. Last seen 44 weeks 3 days ago. Offline

Is this completely legal? Shouldn't they given some sort of notice if there going to lose their jobs?

Rоb Rаy's picture
User offline. Last seen 27 weeks 22 hours ago. Offline

Nice catch on that thesis spammer shina smile

You must always keep your home clean ha wink