NewJour Home | NewJour: T | Search
[Prev] [Next]

Thirdspace: the Journal for Emerging Feminist Scholars

Thirdspace: the Journal for Emerging Feminist Scholars

http://www.thirdspace.ca/journal.htm

Publisher: thirdspace

Our mandate is to raise the profile of feminist scholars and
scholarship; offer emerging feminist scholars more opportunities for
professional development; share information related to the politics of
graduate school and careers in academia; and contribute to building a
more collegial - and more productive - academic community. We want to
act now to develop skills and networks that will serve this community of
emerging scholars that will become a vital part of the academic
establishment in the future.

To this end we designed an online journal that can be accessed easily
and with little cost by most emerging scholars and others who have
access to university libraries and computer labs.

To build a community as well as an academic resource, we have developed
two sides to thirdspace: the journal and the chora community. We aim to
produce a top-quality, refereed journal that demonstrates the broad
range of applications for feminist theory and methodology, as well as
gives emerging feminist scholars a venue for their work. Besides
articles, the journal will contain essays, editorials, book reviews, and
new books in print. The chora side will include special reports,
research notes, relevant Internet resources, and a portal for our
listserv, chora-l. We welcome submissions in English, French, German,
Spanish, and Arabic; we will also consider submissions in other languages.

We encourage the submission of work from emerging scholars (graduate
students, postdoctoral fellows, new independent scholars, and junior
professionals) for the journal side of thirdspace, as well as research
notes, links, and other resources for chora. The editors will continue
to develop thirdspace as a primary resource for emerging scholars and
invite any suggestions and contributions from that community.

ISSN: 1495-8513

thirdspace
c/o K. Snowden
#6 - 2526 West 4th Avenue
Vancouver, BC
Canada
V6K 1P6

Email: submissions@thirdspace.ca or info@thirdspace.ca

Thirdspace is available free of charge as an Open Access journal
on the Internet.

Articles available online.

Current Issue: volume two issue two (March 2003)

Date: 17 Mar 2004