NewJour Home | NewJour: H | Search
[Prev] [Next]

Health Affairs

http://www.healthaffairs.org/

Publisher: Project HOPE - The People-to-People Health Foundation, Inc.

Health Affairs is a multidisciplinary, peer-reviewed journal dedicated
to the serious exploration of major domestic and international health
policy issues. Health Affairs places special emphasis on pursuing issues
that are of concern to and engage both the private and the public
sectors. Further, we encourage private and public decisionmakers–those
who often generate creative ideas but seldom advance them in a form for
publication–to contribute papers.

The unique goal of Health Affairs is to incorporate in one publication
the diverse viewpoints and perspectives of the health sphere–industry,
labor, government, and academe–in a way that benefits everyone who reads it.

Health Affairs authors should direct their papers to a diverse national
audience interested in present and future health policy issues. New
data, reports of major new trends, and serious proposals for reform are
encouraged.

The focus of Health Affairs articles is on policy implications, not
elaborate discussions of methodology and data sources. Thus, we ask
authors to keep discussion of data and methods brief. However, the data
and methods must be adequately assessed in the peer review process. For
this purpose, if a study's data and methods cannot be explained
adequately in a brief discussion, we encourage authors to provide more
methodological detail in the form of an appendix or other explanatory
section for review purposes only.

Frequency: Number of issues per year is six with additional supplements.
Online-only material is posted weekly on average. Published since 1981,
the full journal archives are available online at www.healthaffairs.org.
Pages published in 2003 total 2,428, including Supplements.

ISSN: 0278-2715

Donald E. Metz, Executive Editor
Health Affairs
Suite 600
7500 Old Georgetown Road
Bethesda, MD 20814-6133

Email: vjackson@projecthope.org

Content available by subscription. Without a subscription you have
access to Tables of contents, abstracts, e-alerts, full-text searching,
and access to a selection of full-text content at no cost and without
having to register.